Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh, Baby,Baby,Baby,Baby!

I had so much FUN watching my friends babies the other night!! Yes, babies! FOUR cute, beautiful, cute, wonderful, cute, happy, cute, sweet, and I'll say it again... CUTE babies!! William, Joseph, Sarah, Leah. Stacy's sister Amy had quadruplets in October 2008. WOW, I know! Amy needed some help so that she could go to their extended family night this past Monday, since she hasn't been able to go for a while. And they chose me! I got to go and help! YEAH!!! Amy has a lot of help from family, neighbors, her ward family, but on Monday there was no one to help. So, Stacy called me in the morning, and my other girl friends, Sheila and Sharon to help. I was so excited!!! To babysit!! Yes, it was so awesome!! I could not be sick or bring my own kids, NO PROBLEMO!!! Then all day I kept worrying about all the little things, oh- I sneezed~ am I sick? I just coughed~am I sick? Gabers has been sick all week and still has a runny nose~am I sick, can I go? Am I going to get there on time? Oh My goodness!!! I was telling everyone I work with that I was going to babysit, calling my mom, boy I am CRAZY!!! I was so excited and in such a great mood literally all day!!!!!
I got there with the biggest smile on my face! Amy's hubby Jared answered the door with Joseph in his arms and off I went! I was going to be a Super Mom!!! Yeah, right! WHATEVER!!I got sterilized, sanitized, and surprised! I held Joseph and listened to instructions and was trying to process everything and remember things. WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!!! They really are organized and everything was like clock work. The babies were so cute and it was really fun! We all were overwhelmed, but it was ok. Sharon was the pro I think, she was the super mom! Me with and my arm, Sheila with her arm, just having surgery, we make a great team. We were struggling a little here and there and I was thankful to have help and to have Jared there. We handled it and made it work! :) Things were a little crazy when one baby cried, another one cried. diaper changes, watching the monitor for William, keeping Leah comfortable, playing and talking with them all. I was wanting to multi task and help every baby all at once, but each of us helped one at a time and follow instructions to help keep things clean and organized with all the cuties!! Tried!! Really, I tried and I thought we did a good job. Hope Jared and Amy think so too! It really was great! Now that I know better what to do, I would totally do it again. I'm so impressed with Amy and Jared! They are super parents!! I love there family and was so happy to help. I appreciate more what families with twins, triplets, quads, etc. go thru!! I'm thankful for the chance I had to help and LOVE LOVE LOVE those cute babies!!!!!

3 comments:

Dan and Sheila said...

I agree it was so much fun helping out. I guess I really did not get how overwhelming 4 baby's could really be. I don't know what that octuplet mom is going to do, I don't think she really gets how hard it will really be. I loved being able to hold them and love them. It felt great. So hopefully they ask me again. Love Ya!

Dana and Michael said...

Wow! a lot of babies!!

Tahnie said...

I didnt know you had a blog!!! we have one too! email me the email address you want me to send an invite to.